LG43 is a resistance (pin-type) moisture meter which returns the moisture content of the materials measuring their electrical resistance through two electrodes that must be stuck into the material. It is equipped with a microprocessor circuit to automatically compensate the readings from different materials (wood, building materials, paper). It can be supplied with a plastic handle (/T version), for surface measurement through conductive rubber electrodes or very thin nails, with a special hammer (/M) to stick the electrodes in depth or with both the accessories (/TM). It is especially suitable for measures on not dried/seasoned timber or to detect the distribution of the moisture across the material. The measure performed using an alternate current, assuring an optimum stability even in case of high humidity contents. The timber moisture indication is automatically compensated on basis of the timber temperature, which can be set manually by the operator (useful when measuring timber just out from the kiln dryer) or measured by the instrument by its internal sensor or the external RT/T sensor (optional). An additional, optional, sensor (SPF) is available to measure the sawdust moisture. If equipped with the optional RH/T sensor, LG43 becomes a complete diagnostic instrument for your kiln dryer, able to measure the air temperature and relative humidity, which can be also displayed in EMC format (timber Equilibrium Moisture Content).
A special version of LG43 (/P), is available for parquetry layers , which includes all the parts of /T version plus a special RH sensor (C002103) and 10 liners to measure the moisture of concrete floor slabs according to the ASTM F2170 standard. The special RH sensor and the liners are also available as separated accessories.
- Suggested measuring range (wood): 8-50%
- Timber groups: 4
- Building materials groups: 5
- Leather groups: 2
- Internal temperature indication: -10/50°C
- Power supply battery: 9V 6F22
- Battery life: 35h approx.
- Case dimensions: 32,5x26x8 cm
- Weight (/T - /M - /TM): 1,3 - 3,0 - 3,5 Kg. approx
- Thermohygrometer (/w optional sensor)
- Temperature range: -10/+80°C
- Temperature accuracy: ±0.5 (0-40°C) ±1.2(-20+80°C)
- Humidity range: 0-100% RH
- Humidity accuracy: ±2% (10-90%) ±4% (0-10%)
- Plastic handle*
- Assembling key
- Alkaline battery
- User's manual.
* Depends on the version
- Temperature indicator
- Microprocessor based measurement compensation
- Temperature compensation with internal external or settable temperature
- High/low moisture alarms
- Air temperature / RH / EMC measurement (optional sensor)
- Auto-power off
- Battery low indicator
TM (LG43 with plastic handle and hammer) - Code C001550
T (LG43 with plastic handle) - Code C001551
M (LG43 with hammer) - Code C001549
P (LG43 with plastic handle, RH sensor and liners) - Code C002102